Why become a member? ×

Lakland Skyline Decade (passive, S/C Chisonics) + gigbag: **WITHDRAWN**
£550

Etienne

Hi everyone,

I bought this back in June from Harry AKA Hazbeen (great bloke!)- these are fantastic playing and sounding instruments as many of you will know.

It's the passive model (V-V-T controls), and has the single-coil Chisonics fitted. These models came with the Plek setup as standard, so you can set the action absurdly low if that's your preference!

Cosmetically, I'd say it's 7/10- it's been gigged by myself and the previous owner, so there are a few very minor scratches and dings (see photos), but nothing to worry about. It plays great, and is currently fitted with Ernie Ball rounds (strung through the body).

Weight-wise, it comes in at just under 9lbs (or 4KG exactly), measured with my reasonably-accurate luggage scales.

I'll accept [b]£520[/b] for this, which includes UK shipping, a good-quality padded gigbag, and a spare set of strings (D'addario XL nickel rounds- fitted once, but very little use).

[b]EDIT: NOW WITHDRAWN...[/b]

Etienne :)

[attachment=141089:IMG_0603.jpg][attachment=141090:IMG_0623.jpg][attachment=141098:IMG_0605.jpg]
[attachment=141099:IMG_0613.jpg][attachment=141100:IMG_0611.jpg][attachment=141101:IMG_0626.jpg]
[attachment=141102:IMG_0608.jpg][attachment=141103:IMG_0629.JPG][attachment=141104:IMG_0630.jpg]

Edited by Etienne

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This looks a beat, Very tempting at that price. I have never played a Lakland but love the recorded sounds I have heard and the look and colour of this beastie. I already have too many basses though so good luck with your sale. Have a bump!

Edited by Pinball

[quote name='Pinball' timestamp='1378934013' post='2206830']
This looks a beat, Very tempting at that price. I have never played a Lakland but love the recorded sounds I have heard and the look and colour of this beastie. I already have too many basses though so good luck with your sale. Have a bump!
[/quote]

Thanks mate, it really is lovely to play! The neck profile is very reminiscent of a 70's Jazz, but with a flatter radius across the fingerboard- along with the factory Plek set-up and the easy-access truss rod wheel, this makes it easy to dial in a super-low action if you want it... B)

[b]EDIT: Now withdrawn- I've decided to hold onto this for now![/b]

Edited by Etienne