Why become a member? ×

Bits lying about?

Hello!
I'm Joe, new to the forum.
Last year I was given a double bass (after begging for it for over a year) in pretty beat up condition. I spent hours restoring it, and then a guy in America gave me all the parts I needed to make it playable. Then another guy gave me a set of animas strings.

The bass has been played daily, loved and admired by many. It's pretty much there, but it still isn't quite finished. It sounds great (easily comparable to my teacher's custom basses) but there's a few things I could use still.

I could use a rubber endpin tip, the pin's 8mm but isn't screw fit. I've been using tape and hose pipe for the last year. I could use a quiver and a bow (though I'm saving for the bow, so that's not such a big deal). Some rosin (I'm currently borrowing a bow), a pickup.

Basically, if you think you could help me out that'd be great. I'm a broke student so stepping into the world of double bass comes as a bit of a shock!

Thanks,
Joe

I know it sounds bizzare, but i had a spike tip cover rubber stopper bitty which looked like a doorstop plug, turned it into a cat toy after it got busted
Recently replaced it with a Wolf Cello endpin stopper aye the funky round one.
Also picked up one of these for a few quid if you want the pin pointy and free.

Welcome to the Forums mate,
Plenty of good advice and knowledge on here and plenty of good well mannered helpful people.