Why become a member? ×

Warwick 611 Pro

ferguswads

I'm just wondering if anybody has any knowledge on Warwick cabs. I'm not too sure about them...

Using an SVT 3 Pro at the moment through a Mag 4x10. I need a bigger cab for shows, playing Hardcore so need that growl as well as the deep, without spending 700 quid on the SVT 610HLF!

Any input would be much appreciated!

I tried out a Warwick 611 Pro in a shop with a Warwick profet amp and it sounded great. Huge full-range tone with plenty of air being moved. Though I'm sure you really want the opinion of someone who has gigged with one of these.

If it means anything to you, the bassist from Unearth uses two of these live.

[quote]Your back might complain a bit!![/quote]

Probably not as much as it would if you were lugging the Ampeg about!

On the subject of the 611pro, i think it would give you a cleaner sound compared to the Ampeg and you'll save a hell of alot of money too!

[quote name='peted' post='216860' date='Jun 11 2008, 01:48 PM']I tried out a Warwick 611 Pro in a shop with a Warwick profet amp and it sounded great. Huge full-range tone with plenty of air being moved. Though I'm sure you really want the opinion of someone who has gigged with one of these.

If it means anything to you, the bassist from Unearth uses two of these live.[/quote]

I had a 611Pro for a while until a "really can't miss it" deal came along on my current EBS cabs.

Gotta say, such an amazing sound for not a lot of bucks. Really high-fi can that moves a lot of air and sounds pretty good. Admittedly, a pretty heavy cab but hey, it's got 6 speakers in it and it wasn't as big or heavy as the Ampeg 810E that it replaced.

Gig wise, used it on several covers band club gigs and it always delivered. Really gritty and clean but pretty warm sound with my EBS head and my G&L basses.

Personally, I'd say go for it but be prepared to get yourself a tin of black hammerite and get rid of the f'ugly W on the front grill! :)

T

It's just a bit frustrating, I would love to try them both out side by side...someone I know (IN NEWCASTLE) has the svt610 but don't know anyone with the Warwick.

With there not being a music shop around that would have either (let alone both), even more so now with the demise of Sound Control it just seems so risky to go for a Warwick which I'm unsure on when I know I can rely on an Ampeg. But for almost twice the price is it worth it?!

And that W is f-ugly!

Edited by ferguswads