Why become a member? ×

Grades late in (musical) life?

fatback

[quote name='Owencf' timestamp='1404748742' post='2495370']
Results in, i know its only Grade 1 but 138/150 isnt too bad for a Double bassist who has the sum total muscial tallent of a rock
and the breakdown they give you on the marking lets you know what you didnt do so strongly on.
Dont be feart it is relatively painless, though some tuition would help most everyone in preping for it.

though i wasn't keen to do them its a great benchmarking excersise.
[/quote]

138 - that's a [b]distinction![/b] "Isn't too bad" - it's brilliant! Well done you!

[quote name='Owencf' timestamp='1404748742' post='2495370']
Results in, i know its only Grade 1 but 138/150 isnt too bad for a Double bassist who has the sum total muscial tallent of a rock
and the breakdown they give you on the marking lets you know what you didnt do so strongly on.
Dont be feart it is relatively painless, though some tuition would help most everyone in preping for it.

though i wasn't keen to do them its a great benchmarking excersise.
[/quote]

Yay, well done. :)

I've got to man up.

A big congratulations to all those who have studied as mature adults and passed grade exams. That takes a lot of work and dedication.

I have a related question: I am familiar with ABRSM exams, but what other boards offer bass exams (if any)? I'm wondering whether there are any exams that are a bit less classically focussed.