Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM 500H

Rayman

A question for the tekkies....Do [i]non[/i] valve amps need servicing?

I have an Ashdown ABM 500H 2X10 combo, an older forerunner of the EVO series. Last night the horn conked out, and it got me thinking, maybe the thing needs servicing (and a new horn obviously), so is this the case? Or shall I just get it repaired and carry on? There are no valves or anything to replace (I assume) so surely it's just a bunch of electrics that don't need to be serviced?

Also, does anyone know any good amp repairers in the North West? I've used Dave Lunt in Stockport previously, but the last time I blew the horn on a previous amp he seemed reluctant to get involved, don't know why.

• 2 months later...

I have an Ashdown ABM that gone a bit belly up, crackling and sometimes just not working, light in the UV meters gone an the valve might be playing up too, would love to get it sorted an not bin it, phoned Essex amp repairs and they was "yh send it in no probs, we'll sort it' i know its away from you but you could get it posted for under £16, worth a thought if you can't find anywhere else.
What ever you do don't phone Ashdown. coz they really don't give a sh*t! My 2x10 combo is the first one ever made and my 1x15 extension cab is the 3 one off the line, you'd think they would want to keep them alive.