Why become a member? ×

Recommended luthier for sheilding job? - SORTED

Legion

Nevermind - found someone but thought "sod it, I should be more than capable of this". So I stripped out the pickups and foil lined the whole thing, including the little channel between cavities. Fitted new wires to the pickups as well as the stupid old school waxed cloth had work hardened significantly and were almost totally knackered. Now silent as a mouse (well, apart from the intended notes)

I didn't use a graphite spray - I found an internet vid showing the stuff and and it was registering 150 ohms, great for dissipative electrostatic stuff, but the copper foil comes in at 0 ohms so I used the foil I had instead, rather than apply multiple layers of graphite based paints.

well you could of used Silver Conductive Paint but that would been Well Dear
Or there is SLUG TAP that is COPPER TAPE..

If you the Faraday Cage to be near Zero then put in more Points to earth all around the PickGuard and inside the guitar as it has to be on all Sides other wise waves can get in.

But what i meant is when you needed help Ghost Bass come to help QUICK 40min quick.. with a suggestion
ah ignore this, im greatful to Ghost Bass for there quick speed at trying to help any way

Edited by AngelLaHash

When i bought my Ken Smith it made some static noises, checked the electronics and saw it had been sprayed with some kind of golden paint (probably something copper based). Went to KS forum and learned that Mr Smith started grounding/shielding his electronics with graphite but then changed to this golden stuff but a short time after moved back to graphite. He also sugested some people with the same issues than mine to use graphite on their basses for better results.
I bought a can of graphite spray and applied it on the electronics and pickups cavities, in adition i added a ground wire from the preamp that was screwed to the wall of the cavity (making contact with the graphite).
I made measurements with my multimeter, it showed some resistance if i measured from one end to the other of the cavity but in short distances (distance betweet pots) it was zero.
I prefer using graphite, i find it simpler to apply with a good even coat but copper foil is also a great solution.

[quote name='AngelLaHash' timestamp='1374265720' post='2147112']
But what i meant is when you needed help Ghost Bass come to help QUICK 40min quick.. with a suggestion
ah ignore this, im greatful to Ghost Bass for there quick speed at trying to help any way
[/quote]

Thanks, i try to help when a can the same way i would like to be helped if i need ;)

Edited by Ghost_Bass