Why become a member? ×

SORTED - Bass player with harmony vocals required for country gig Andover 3rd Aug

JapanAxe

I run a country trio consisting of myself on lead vocals and guitar, a bass player also singing harmony, and a drummer. I have a gig near [b]Andover[/b] on [b]3rd August[/b] that my bass player can't make. The gig is a decent payer as these things go. I can provide lead sheets, lyrics, and links to the song versions we work from if required.

I need a dep bass player to meet the following spec:

[u]Essential[/u]
Own kit and transport to Andover
Able to sing harmony while playing bass, at least for key lines in choruses, doesn't need to be anything fancy
Able to follow a lead sheet
Good ear

[u]Desirable[/u]
Knowledge of country material and UK country scene
Lead vocal on 2 or 3 songs would be a bonus, as it would give me a break!

PM me if you're interested, but please note I will be 'off the grid' (trip abroad with no phone or email) between the afternoon of 10th and 14th July. You can hear a band demo [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32485154/Diamonds%20%26%20Dirt/Diamonds%26DirtDemoM.mp3"]here[/url].

Edited by JapanAxe

I would love to have done this but my own band is in High Wycombe that night but if anything else comes up, please let me know. You can check my country credentials and hear our music on our website [url="http://www.ianhighland.com"]www.ianhighland.com[/url].

Edited by Fubar