Why become a member? ×

tc electronic bg250

skydivepaul

Just thought I would share my experience of my new amp.
After much deliberation, read: clicking on the internet on a night whilst having drunk too much beer!
I had shortlisted a couple of amps to replace my ashdown mag300 210.
I never got on with the ashdown from the day i bought it, I just didnt like the tone no matter how much I messed around with the settings

The two amps I shortlisted were the peavey tour TNT 600w and the TC BG250

in between times i picked up a peavey mkvi head and tried that out. It did have a great sound but I realised for what I need the amp for (the odd gig, band / beer practice & practice at home) I didn't realy want to carry around seperate head and cabs.

I plumped for the TC BG250 for a few reasons, mainly sound / tone quality as I had heard these before and liked the tone.
Also the amp has the rehearsal input which is great for jamming along to songs.

Anyway got the amp home tonight and was blown away with it
great tone, loud (GOOD), easy to use, light to carry around and plenty of effects with the tone print

the toneprint is a doddle to use, free app for the iphone and is really easy to upload new tonepriont settings.

Overall i would give this a 9.5/10

It only loses 0.5 of a point as there is a bit of background noise coming from the power amp, just a slight hiss from the back - sounds like a fan but I am not sure they have one in these.
However you do not notice this when you start playing

at just a shade over 300 quid I consider this a good buy

cheers

Paul

Agreed with you Paul

It really is 9.5 rating.

I had it with me at rehearsal tonight and it was superb. Loud, bright and really solid.

The hissing is the fan I'm sure of it. Don't notice it too much but in dead silence you are aware it's there.

Didn't bother with tone print of all that guff. Just straight into the front, roll off the mids by -2 and ready to go.

Didn't pump it further than 5 on master vol. it kept up with the drummer no problem (I'm in a noise band)

Overall for me also 9.5 rating. Very pleased and definitely worth the money for sure.

yep you only notice the fan / noise in dead silence.

I played around with the tone print and there are some good effects to be had
i play a lot of GNR stuff so the duff signature chorus was of interest to me. It sounds ok but not quite there.
probably have to tweak some other settings or more likely have a bit more talent!

P