Why become a member? ×

cort action bridge pickup, FIX OR REPLACE

im not really that educated when it comes to pickups or what would be the best thing to do in situations like this, but i shall explain this situation and let the experienced bassists help me out :)

i have a cort action that iv been through a lot with (iv had it since i was 12 and im 18 now) this whole time the pickups have had no problem, however for the last month and a bit my neck pickup has been cutting out. however this only happens when i rest my fingers on it, any other time its fine. i went to my local guitar/bass shop (Eric lindsey - near lewisham hospital, nice little place :) ) and got the wiring replaced (they were all really old anyway and i thought that would solve the problem) however the pickup still did this cutting out thing whenever i rested my thumb of it.

the thing is, i really dont want to make the wrong choice on a new pickup incase i make my bass sound sh*t. so this is why im here asking opinions

should i fix it ? if so does anyone know whats wrong with it and how i should go about getting it fixed
or
should i replace it ? if so, what would be the best choice for a replacing pickup thats got a nice low end punch(ish) tone (passive btw)

It's obviously a broken connection somewhere... or possibly when you put your thumb on it you are shorting out a bare wire on the pup to earth. A competent guitar tech will find the problem within minutes. Take it back to Eric Lindsey and tell him the new wiring loom fixed nothing and get him to look at it and tell what's wrong.