Why become a member? ×

My first bass

genendeddie

Was looking at the list of basses people have owned & it made me think of all the ones ive owned .... but more importantly I guess the 1st bass I ever owned .... it was a very large semi acoustic bass in sunburst with two a side tuners & if memory serves me right a humbucker pick up .... that made it soung like a fart in a trash can !! It was the worst piece of sh*t Ive ever owned but i have never seen one before or since .... it was an Angelica & i belive they were imported by Boosey & Hawkes in the 70s .... (i bought mine 2nd hand from a guitar shop in Shirley(cant remember the name) Southampton in 81 ?? i was just wondering if anybody else has ever seen or heard of them or better still has a photo of this monster .... I know photos exist because I was photographed playing it (haha) !!So just wondering if anybody out there has any information about them ?.... my next bass was an Aria Pro Cardinal .... a vast improvement.... that I purchased from a long forgotten shop in St Marys Street .... & i am sure the Angelica was traded in as part of the deal .

Edited by genendeddie