Why become a member? ×

Practice amp problems???

Twincam

My little Hartke a25 practice amp i think is on the way out. To be honest i don't know alot about amps or speakers although i know the basics.
The problem is it works fine on occasion but seems to becoming more and more temperamental, what first started happening is the limiter led started working intermittently or not at all, then the limiter didn't seem to work as it should. Now when i turn up the volume after 3 sometimes a little higher im not getting the same volume as i did and it makes a noise like it cuts out for a fraction of a second.
So is there anything i can check or have a look at?. Iv'e had a look at the speaker itself it seems ok, it moves ok nothing torn etc.
Is there anything i could check in the amp itself?.

Tried it on two different basses one active one passive same result. All connections power, lead and there inputs all seem good and solid.
However i am using a cheap lead and noticed the plugs on both ends are loose i mean the actually bit that plugs in, not the cover to the wiring. Don't have another lead. Could it be that the lead?. It is terrible tried a back to back comparison with my mates (all same setting) lead and mine sounded like it was missing a load of treble but kinda liked its sound.
But having said all that it was fine using that lead before. But will get another one sorted asap anyhow.