Why become a member? ×

In praise of The Bass Doc

Quite surprised to only see one post here, I see Howard's name and praise all over the place on the site.

I had a lovely pickguard made by him, quick turnaround too.

However I get the feeling pickguards are childs play for The Bass Doc and that his talents run far deeper.

Maybe I should have clarified my post. The 71 is original and the two 75's sport Howards work. My point being that you can't easily tell the two apart.

Fake tort plates are my bette noir and I wanted to highlight the 'authenticity' of Howards tort plates. I dare say they're simple for him but it took me years to find someone who could produce something that looked right.

[quote name='Bassman Steve' timestamp='1371549565' post='2115248']
Maybe I should have clarified my post. The 71 is original and the two 75's sport Howards work. My point being that you can't easily tell the two apart.

Fake tort plates are my bette noir and I wanted to highlight the 'authenticity' of Howards tort plates. I dare say they're simple for him but it took me years to find someone who could produce something that looked right.
[/quote]

You're absolutely right about that, and such great value for a nitro pickguard too.

Sorry if my post came across the wrong way, I just get the feeling he's really talented.