Why become a member? ×

Line 6 VX-30 digital radio mike. SOLD!
£150

I bought this last week, having read the superb reviews all over the net about how good the sound quality was, how easy to use it was, how the digital system was so much better than vhf or uhf, etc. What the reviews didnt say was that as the system works on the 2.4mhz wi-fi band whilst its not affected in any way by wi-fi items being used in the vicinity, it does interfere with wi-fi units that the band may be using on stage. Unfortunately we all use individual personal monitor mixers on ipads on stage (unbelievably useful), and it causes the connections to drop. Ipso facto, we cant use the microphone.

Tested on its own, it really is superb, being modelled on a Shure SM58, and having a crystal clear sound and excellent radio range. I believe they sell for £250 at most dealers, but as I was an idiot buying it in the first place without checking up properly, I expect to take a hit, so only want £150 for a quick sale. The kit includes a carry case, power adapter for the reciever, hand held mike and fittings, exactly as I received it from Thomanns last week.

Photos to follow, but it really is exactly as per any ad you will see on the interweb.

SOLD THANKS>

Edited by bobpalt

[quote name='bobpalt' timestamp='1371046569' post='2109053']
...we all use individual personal monitor mixers on ipads on stage (unbelievably useful)...
[/quote]

Don't want to hijack the sale, but can you point in the direction of more info on how that works?

Also, just a thought, but my home Wi-Fi (Thomson router from o2) had connection problems and all that was needed was selection of a different channel in the settings and it avoided the interference from neighbours units. Maybe a similar setting somewhere in the band system?

Hi Pete.

You need to set up profiles for each band member on a laptop/router, then download an app called TouchOSC onto each iphone/pad. I'm not the band tech genius sorry, but I think all the info is with the app. It works really well, but I think you might need a digital mixer, although I'm not sure on this. I just do as I'm told!

The mike has 6 channels, but thats not the problem. Its just that the powerful signal seems to mask the signal to our ipads. You wont know if anyone is using a wi-fi connected device in the area as its not affected the other way round. I hope this makes more sense than it sounds reading it back!

Bob

The exchange rate obviously isnt as beneficial as Thomann quote when it comes to paying for it! I certainly didnt pay £148, and the shipping cost from Germany has to be factored in as well. It was cheaper than buying in the UK, but I had written some product reviews for them so was offered a discount for my troubles. This makes it a bit difficult to confirm exactly how much I paid, sorry.

Anyway, of course you are free to buy from wherever you wish. I can only offer an item for sale at what I consider to be a fair price.

[quote name='bobpalt' timestamp='1371125170' post='2110079']
The exchange rate obviously isnt as beneficial as Thomann quote when it comes to paying for it! I certainly didnt pay £148, and the shipping cost from Germany has to be factored in as well. It was cheaper than buying in the UK, but I had written some product reviews for them so was offered a discount for my troubles. This makes it a bit difficult to confirm exactly how much I paid, sorry.

Anyway, of course you are free to buy from wherever you wish. I can only offer an item for sale at what I consider to be a fair price.
[/quote]

thanks for the info, haven't bought from Thomann before so didn't factor in for exchange rate! Is it £150 posted? If so I'll take it mate.