Why become a member? ×

Drummer seeks musicians for hardcore band Brighton area

Graham

The drummer from my old metal band is looking to start a hardcore band, I've copied his Facebook post below. He is a superb drummer, one of the best I've played with, and certainly the best metal drummer I've played with.

[quote]I'm looking to start up a brand new, straight up Hardcore band. No Bullshit fringes or trends, just plain and straight to the point Hardcore. In the likes of (I hate name-dropping but): Terror, Madball, Cruel-hand, Backtrack, Earth Crisis (minus the hard-line politics), Down to nothing, Sick of it all, Born from pain etc. I need at least one guitarist who's not only competent, but has a good writing ability, (I'm good at writing drums and a decent structuralist but I can't play guitar), and also understands the scene, has their heart into it and isn't just a Metal player that can technically play it, but is going to get bored of not being able to shred for hours on end (though I don't want to put any limit on the song writing).

This would be a Hardcore band that is authentic, but also all about purely playing hows for fun and pushing it as far as we want to, but again for the love of playing shows. If anyone knows of any like minded individuals, or if this sounds to be your cup of tea please pm. me. I can assure you I'm a bloody competent drummer lol[/quote]

If you're interested drop me a line and I'll pass your details on, cheers.