Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - Fender USA Stratocaster 1957 Vintage RI Fiesta Red incl tweed case
£1250

I bought this Strat used from Regent Sound in Denmark Street about 6 years ago. It was the first time I had spent 4 figures on a guitar, and it was a revelation to find out what that kind of money could buy you. I have gigged this alongside other guitars I own, playing in pop, soul and country outfits, and never been disappointed. The thing is, I have just laid out serious cash on something [i]even better[/i], so sadly it has to go! In an ideal world I would keep this one too, but that ain't where I live...

I will let the pictures do most of the talking, but I will mention the following:

(1) [u]What you get[/u]

USA-built Fender Vintage Reissue Strat dated 1990 in neck pocket (and fitted with a new set of strings)), Fender tweed case, Fender lead, various tags/booklets.

(2) [u]Condition[/u]

This guitar features some honest wear from its gigging life, mostly pre-dating my ownership of it. You will notice that other colours are visible through the paintwork. It looks to me as though the guitar was originally painted (sonic?) blue, but was then re-sprayed fiesta red over black or dark grey. This model [i]was[/i] available in fiesta red, and you can see an example on the cover and on pages 70-75 and 110-113 of Haynes's [i]Fender Stratocaster Manual[/i]. Fender were not averse to re-spraying bodies at the factory to meet demand for certain colours, and the inspection label on top of the red paint in the control cavity seems to confirm this (although of course it may have been removed and re-applied - I simply don't know).

The paint has cracked away from around the neck plate, and there is some wear or damage through to the black paint layer at points around the edge of the body. I have tried to show this in the photos.

The neck is in good nick, with just one shallow dent behind about the 8th fret. There is some wear to the lower frets, and the fretboard lacquer is just starting to go in places.

(3) [u]Electrics[/u]

The pickup resistance reads about 6k for the bridge and middle, 5.7k for the neck The wires are waxed cloth. I have added a 1nF treble bleed cap to the volume control pot.

[b]Payment / delivery / trades[/b]

Given how much the appeal of any one guitar is down to personal taste, you would be strongly advised to try this guitar before parting with you precious wedge. I live in Swindon, work in Oxford, and make occasional forays to London, and I am not averse to meeting up within a reasonable radius - PM me with any such enquiries.

If you do decide to buy blind, bank transfer or PayPal are fine. The price includes insured UK courier at £30.

If you have an Alesis SR18 surplus to requirements, I would consider that in trade subject to negotiation on value. Please don't offer me Zoom drum machines!

Edited by JapanAxe