Why become a member? ×

restless student seeks firm but flexible tutor in Leeds

mewsie

well, i loved my old bass tutor. he looked like Tobey Maguire, wore odd socks and had a selection of teas.

i learn pretty quick, and felt lessons were going way too slowly for me, so i stopped having them. which is now frustrating me even more.

so, i'm looking for someone with a wide range of tastes, skills, and styles who will work well with my whimsical nature and push me forward.

i'm available most days and evenings, and am looking for someone who is flexible enough for a lesson to be at different times each week. and probably someone who will call me to make me book a lesson, as i tend to forget that bit.

i'm a good student and i promise to make you proud!

x

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='mewsie' post='210075' date='May 31 2008, 12:27 PM']well, i loved my old bass tutor. he looked like Tobey Maguire, wore odd socks and had a selection of teas.

i learn pretty quick, and felt lessons were going way too slowly for me, so i stopped having them. which is now frustrating me even more.

so, i'm looking for someone with a wide range of tastes, skills, and styles who will work well with my whimsical nature and push me forward.

i'm available most days and evenings, and am looking for someone who is flexible enough for a lesson to be at different times each week. and probably someone who will call me to make me book a lesson, as i tend to forget that bit.

x[/quote]

Hi,

Have you heard of Pete Laffan in Bradford? A great player and teacher... I don't have contact details and his place might be a bit of a trek from yours (I used to go to him for lessons for a while when I lived in Silsden nr Keighley... I think he lived in the Queensbury area of Bradford... back then). He's a bit of a local legend as a teacher and player... I'm sure you can hunt his details down through local music shops. The shops in Bradford will definitely have his details.

All the best,

Steve

• 1 month later...
Guest pbass

[quote name='mewsie' post='210075' date='May 31 2008, 12:27 PM']well, i loved my old bass tutor. he looked like Tobey Maguire, wore odd socks and had a selection of teas.

x[/quote]

Hi

A student of mine said that he'd seen my name on Basschat the other day so I thought I'd have a look...

I'm the bass teacher that the previous writer mentioned. You can email me at [email protected] if you want to take lessons with me.

I'm quite flexible in terms of times so that shouldn't be a problem.

Do get in touch if you need further information.

Pete Laffan

Hey Mewsie

I teach a number of guys on Basschat and recently gave a 6-hour teaching exhibition at the annual Yorkshire BASS BASH. I teach 'PERFORMANCE BASS', for live musicians. I'm based in Saltaire, on the Leeds-side of Bradford. £20 per hour. Give me a ring on 07769 922278 and see my ad in the TUTORS section, called:

******BRENTRAVIS (B.A. Hons) TUTION******

All the best

Bren

• 2 years later...

Hi

I can teach a whole range of styles and techniques and can work specifically to your interests and needs. I like to make lessons simple and easy as well as being thorough. I am based out in Ilkley and charge £25 an hour.

Feel free to get in touch,
Darshan

07515 476739