Why become a member? ×

Cog Effects Custom Looper/blend/mix pedal.

Prime_BASS

Have spent.the weekend exchanging emails with Tom at Cog, from recommendation from Pantherairsoft (Shep) and just today finalised the final spec of an awesome custom loop switch thing ma bob.

I wanted what my Boss-LS-2 can do but with the freedom of normal passive line selectors and for it to be true bypass.

Now the boss is a fantastic bit of kit, it has lots of uses and im just making use of its signal boosting abilities myself, only i feel its hampered by its single switch and its 'all or nothing' modes. It's buffered-ness isn't that bad but it is noticeable, and bugs me like crap when I'm alone practicing.

After my basic idea Tom throw some really great and useful ideas out there which I don't think I would have though about before.

So now I have coming a box that will have:
Channel A + clean
Channel A + Channel B
Channel B + clean.
With the controls as follows
Channel A dirty volume
Channel A clean volume
Channel A phase
Channel B dirty volume
Channel B clean volume
Channel B phase
Internal Master Volume.

The idea being I have either one or the other mixed with clean signal or have either of them with no.clean signal. The clean level controls and master level were Tom's ideas and honestly brilliant.
Reason to have an internal master trim pot was primarily save space on the top side and I'm no knob twiddler, I set and forget, and it will keep everything in check should it get bit gnarly.

It'll effectively be going last in the chain, with a loop with high gained high frequencies, and the other lower gain low frequencies and I really want to add the mb VLE filter in that channel too.

Tom is going to get me a diagram of it so I can start on my own art work and A name for it.
No idea way but I have a few ideas.
What's yours?