Why become a member? ×

SOLD Overwater Progress III Deluxe SOLD
£1200

tayste_2000

So had some big big changes the past few months, had all my amps stolen, sucks, no longer in the band I was in for the past 8 years. So made some changes bought some more generic basses (a p bass etc) and I just have too many Overwater's (Current count is 5) and I can't see me using them in the band I'm playing in now.

So I bought this from Overwater as a refurbished bass in 2010 (I think might have been 2009) I believe it was originally made in 2002 but during the refurb it had all the electronics replaced, the bridge recoated and polished. In addition to this they relaquered over the dents and dings, so you can see them but you can't feel them. I'm going to be having the same thing done with my other Progress III once I've freed some cash up.

The guy who had this bass originally, traded it in for a new Jazz 5, he must have honestly been playing this bass for about 8 hours a day for 8 years, some really nice player wear on this bass.

I bought it as my studio bass, it's made from a lovely piece of Brazilian Walnut (that you won't be able to get anymore due to rainforest wood laws etc), topped with some figured maple. It inherently has a darker tone but still got that brilliant clear tone you expect from an Overwater.

Scale length is 36 inch, honestly it's not that hard to play, anyone interested should come have a play on it, I'll be keeping my other 36inch scale Overwater. Weight is 5kg or 11lbs depending on your preference of measurement.

I'm after £1200, I don't have a case for this as I use the same gig bag for everything but for the right buyer/price I'll go out and get you a gig bag or Hiscox/Overwater case.

I'm open to offers, might consider trades but really I've got to many basses as it is, but I'll listen to anything that has cash my way involved.

Cheers

Edited by tayste_2000

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...