Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Rare early 70s GIBSON EB4L BASS
£650

jock2020

Hi folks, I have for sale my Gibson EB4L bass circa 1972/3. It's in full working order, frets look like they have been dressed sometime in the past and are all in excellent condition with no "grooving" - truss rod fully working as are all the electrics. As you can see from the photos an extra pickup has been added, so although probably not one for the museum curators amongst you, it definitely opens up the tonal range of the bass ! - it reads just over 10k on my multimeter (the original Bill Lawrence humbucker reads 8.6k on the highest setting of the original 3-way selector) - there is also a mini-toggle switch fitted for the bridge pickup so it really is a very versatile sounding bass. Quite a few little dings and marks on the body and lacquer wear on the back of the neck (see photos) but there are NO neck breaks or repairs and it plays very nicely indeed.
I'm a guitar player 1st and a bass player 2nd so I'm not a regular on this forum, although I did sell a JV bass to Cayston aka Seni on here back in February so I guess you can get in touch with him if you need a reference ! (You can also get me on the Music Radar Forum - same username)
I'm looking for what I think is a very reasonable £650.00 for the bass, it will be packed bombproof if shipping is required. Photos below - happy to either email or post more on the thread if required - cheers !

Edited by jock2020