Why become a member? ×

Ashdown mag 300 210

skydivepaul

I got myself an Ashdown mag300 210 combo last year on the recommendation of a friend. Hardly used it as I have 120w practice amp I use at home.
However I want to start using it more with my new bass (peavey t40 bought from a member on here - the bass is awesome btw :-))

For some reason I just cannot get the tone / sound want from the amp
I have played around with settings but can't settle on a good sounds
I prefer a rock / metal sound but also like to dial in a thick deep funk sound for the odd song I play

I can achieve this on my 120 watt amp (behringer) with a zoom b2 effects pedal, but I would rather just have a good loud amp and not have to rely on amp and pedal
Any recommendations for settings or should I' be looking for a new amp?

An old school peavey mark vi with separate cabs?

I tried the guitar through a tc electronic 450 with tc cabs and it sounds amazing through this set up. I can't really afford / justify this set up at the moment

Thanks Paul

There is 3 possibilities here. 1: You could be just too used to the sound you were getting and therefore anything different might not suit you too well. 2: Ashdown do have their own sound, so perhaps you just dont like the Ashdown tone. 3: if its a bigger amp, you might not really fully appreciate the tone until you've played it louder in a band setting perhaps.

Is the behringer one of those BX120 things? You know the tilt back combo? If so, I used to own one and it was ok. I've played through a million MAG's in my time (although not the 2x10 combo) and I've generally been happy with them. I would say its a definite upgrade so perhaps possibility 2 is the most likely.

Fraser

yes the behringer is a tilt back bx120 and its ok.

I think you are right that #2 reply is the answer :(
when i check my zoom settings i have it on the hartke amp and cab simulator with a few other slight effects thrown in.
I was hoping that someone would give me the magic set up to dial in for a great tone......................maybe they will