Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Black/Maple Musicman Stingray 2002
£699

4 Strings

I'm putting my no.1 bass up for grabs as I've seen something I think would suit be better - another Stingray!

This bass comes from another Basschatter and has served me fantastically well over the last year or so and has been my no.1 bass due to the sound and playability, both if which are superb and wholly satisfying.

I have seen another and I'm guiltily putting this good and faithful servant up for sale hoping someone would like it and fund the next one.

I have looked after it like a baby, it is well set up with a lowish action - can probably be honed lower still but it's the way I like at the moment - and just less than a mm in neck relief. Can be adjusted however you like.

The neck is the MM 'unfinished' type and has been thoroughly cleaned and oiled with the Gunstock oil recommended by MM every 6 months or so.

There are a couple of tiny dings, some already on it when I got it, I think I may have added a couple from the straplock on the strap. I have tried to include these in the photos.

There's plenty of photos in the Photobucket, just look at the others (so I don't clog up this page) but let me know if you can't see them all (11 I think). Let me know if you'd like to see anything specific. http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/4Strings1/media/2013-04-10122109_zpsfc9dd58d.jpg.html

I can send sound samples of some recent recordings if you need them.

There's a white pearly scratchplate in stead if you want.

(I'll be taking the D-Tuner off, I'm afraid, and replacing it with the original tuner)

I may be up for an offer, but no trades as I need the cash for the next one. If there's no suitable offers for this before the other goes that will be that.

I'm located in Essex, prefer collection/delivery of course but can post at buyers cost.

Edit> Just noticed the soft focus! Not because I love it (which I do) but due to fingerprints on my phone lens! Apologies, ask if you'd like clearer pics!

Edited by 4 Strings

Hornchurch, easy off the M25. Come and have a look and a play.

If it's a deal breaker I can throw in a hard case.

I've just asked the same question about the one I'm after - I'd need a case in the end!

edit>> Got an answer: Yes - it will come with a hard case!

Edited by 4 Strings