Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£200

Jazzjames

SOLD

Dear all,

For sale is my SWR goliath III 4x10 speaker enclosure.

from swramps.com...

[b]Impedance[/b]: 8 ohms
[b]Power Handling Capacity[/b]: 700 Watts RMS
[b]Sensitivity[/b]: 105 dB SPL @ 1W1M
[b]Frequency Response[/b]: 105 dB @ 1W1M (-3dB@ 40Hz and 15KHz)
[b]Size[/b]: 23" W x 25.25" H x 18.375" D
[b]Weight[/b]: 89 lbs.
[b]Production Period[/b]: 1996 to 2007
[b]Final Retail Price[/b]: $1,214.27

I bought this second hand from a shop, but it had two speakers missing. I think someone took out the top two drivers to put into 2x10 or something. I bought 2 SWR replacement speakers from thomann, fitted them in and have enjoyed using it ever since. The speakers cost me about [b]£240[/b] all together, a few months ago.

Also fitted and included are a set of coldene castors that are attached, with 3" rubber wheels and brakes on one side. This makes moving this thing about relatively easy, and because the wheels are larger than the standard castors, it goes over paving slabs and uneven ground with ease. These cost me about [b]£45[/b]

I am selling because I don't need all this muscle!

This cab has 4x10" speakers, and is rated at 105 dB @ 1W1M. This is a high value for any bass cab. This cab is plenty loud enough for fairly big gigs when I put 175w of genz benz shuttle 3 through it. When I put 300w of Epifani 502 through it, it's [b]LOUD[/b]! It also has an adjustable tweeter.

It is quite heavy, but it's not unmanageable. I'm only a little guy and don't have problems moving it on my own. When you have it on a gig you're happy it's there!

I would rate it's condition at 7/10. It's a solid cab and was clearly used before it came to me, but it works and sounds great. It appears that someone has reattached the dust cap on one of the lower speakers with codydex or similar suitable glue. No rattling can be heard! Price reflects this.

So please come and grab a bargain! [b]Preferably collection, but will post at buyer's expense.[/b]Located in Greenwich, London.

£200 ono

SOLD

Edited by Jazzjames