Why become a member? ×

***SOLD*** FS/FT USA Peavey Cirrus Bass 5 String, Trade for nice 5 string.
£1000

Jimmi Clarke

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Peavey Cirrus USA 5 String Bolt on. (Mahogany Body Walnut Neck)[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]I looked into getting a custom build bass last year and everything I was looking for the peavey cirrus modal had. Great Woods, Hipshot Hardware, Great Neck Radius and string spacing etc. I notice that the peavey ticked pretty much all my boxes and I loved the sound that Mike Porcaro had from his USA Peavey Cirrus. Everything thing I read about the basses was extremely positive. A luthier friend of mine told me that the best resonance/sustain comes from unfinished woods, so I decided to to go with the Mahogany Bolt on. The pickups also follow the radius of the finger board like the Brian Bromberg Carvin Signature. This Bass was made in the USA Custom shop where they build all US Cirrus basses. It seems that they're not making these basses at the moment. When you could by these the bolt on 5's retailed at around £1799[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]This bass sounds truly spectacular! the Pickups and 3 band EQ are fantastic, its a very smooth sounding bass. It sound great plugged straight into a DI and is great for recording.[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]The reason I'm selling it is because its a 35" scale. I'm a full time bass player and spend most of the day with a bass in my hand, all my other basses are 34" Scale.[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Its in Great condition![/font][list]
[*][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Made in Peavey USA Custom Shop[/font]
[*][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Mahogany Body[/font]
[*][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]35 inch scale[/font]
[*][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Solid mahogany bolt-on body and neck construction[/font]
[*][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Unique sculptured neck heel joint for easy access to upper register[/font]
[*][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Walnut neck with wenge fretboard[/font]
[*][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]24 frets[/font]
[*][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Tilt headstock[/font]
[*][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]All satin gold hardware[/font]
[*][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Hipshot™ mini-style machine heads[/font]
[*][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Individual fingerstyle bridge system with Dual Compression™ technology[/font]
[*][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]On-board active 3-band EQ[/font]
[*][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Bass, variable mid and treble control[/font]
[*][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]10 dB boost and cut[/font]
[*][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Two Peavey VFL™ active pickups[/font]
[*][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Case included with case candy!![/font]
[/list]
[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]I'm happy to trade, I live in lowestoft in suffolk but I'm happy to travel to meet up, I'm looking for a half decent 6 string preferably 34" Scale.[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]please don't hesitate with questions![/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Cheers[/font]
[attachment=130372:44303-peavey-cirrus-5-bolt-on-bubinga-bass-guitar-large.jpg][attachment=130373:IMG_0004.JPG][attachment=130374:IMG_0003.jpg][attachment=130376:IMG_0006.jpg]

Edited by Jimmi Clarke

Thought I'd put a couple more Pics up to show how nice the neck grain is. Also forgot to mention it has Carbon Rods in the neck and a super low action.

Cheers

[attachment=130468:IMG_0987.jpg][attachment=130469:IMG_0988.jpg][attachment=130470:IMG_0989.jpg][attachment=130471:IMG_0990.jpg]

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...