Why become a member? ×

The New Blonde In My Life (NBD3)

cytania

Well there I was halfway through practise with the band on Thursday when I went to adjust the D and then snap!

Tuner shaft sheared right off and string fell to the floor. Much embarrassment and we were only able to rehearse those songs that I could transpose on the fly to E and A strings. Next day I ordered a set of GOTOHs but couldn't get on with my old Ibanez neck, too slim.

So this morning I took a wicked trip to Bass Direct and after an hour and a half purchased this blonde beauty. A Spector Legend 4 with flamey maple top, didn't think it was my style but the neck and tone are good.

[/url]%20[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/10851347@N08/8561531197/]IMG_0053[/url]%20by%20[url=http://www.flickr.com/people/10851347@N08/]cytania[/url],%20on%20Flickr" class="ipsImage" />

Hope the link works, needless to say when I got back the machine heads had arrived and miraculously were an exact match for my broken bass but much more rugged. Now I have a proper back up that plays like my main bass. Not sure which is which yet.

Mark at Bass Direct was very patient whilst I plunked away on various basses, almost went P-pickup when I picked up the MTD CRB but the Spector was fuller and more controllable. Wahey!

Oh and well done Highly Strung where on the website means in stock and first class does mean next day.

Edited by cytania