Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

** SOLD ** P Bass clone For Sale, £140 + p&p

silverfoxnik

[b]Bass now SOLD - thanks for the interest![/b]

Hi Folks,

I've just been upgrading my rig with a couple of SWR cabs and that, coupled with the need to streamline my collection of basses down to a maximum of 5, which means that I'm putting this great little [b]P Bass[/b] clone up [b]for sale[/b].

[attachment=8983:P_bass_i...ase_edit.jpg]

I bought it about a year or so ago from TheButler here on the forum when it was Bassworld or Basstalk (I think) in order to satisfy my P Bass GAS at the time and it's served me pretty well since then. It's been my main 'noodling' bass; the one that gets used a lot at home for working stuff out or just general practice but as far as gigs go, it hasn't been used at all.

[attachment=8984:P_bass_c..._up_edit.jpg]

Sound-wise, it's got that great [b]P Bass thump[/b] to it and it is surprisingly a [b]very loud[/b] bass; both unplugged and in terms of the output from the [b]Kent Armstrong p/ups[/b]. It sustains well and the harmonics ring out for days.. The neck profile is very comfortable -sort of inbetween a P and a J bass, but how to describe that is difficult.. All I can offer as a reference is that it's a more comfortable neck profile than my Wal but not as comfortable as my BC Rich.

I've no idea what the constituent parts are but someone has taken time to get the whole [b]Sid Viscious/Green Day 70's retro[/b] look together and though it may not be anybody elses cup of tea, it certainly worked for me!! :) It's by no means perfect cosmetically and the case has definitely seen better days. But it does play well and sounds pretty authentic. It could do with the [b]two pots[/b] being given a [b]clean[/b] and probably a [b]set-up[/b] as there's a little bit of [b]fret buzz[/b] on the G & D strings around the octave mark.. For those of you who are eagle-eyed, you'll notice that the poles on the pick up are a bit proud of the casing which has never troubled me, but might do others. AFAIK, it's an easy fix but not something I ever needed to do..

[attachment=8985:P_Bass_b...ofa_edit.jpg]

Otherwise, I think it's a great little back-up bass for the money.. And I'm sure TheButler or mr_russ who have both played it would back me up on that.

There's been a lot of comments lately on the forum about prices being charged so just to be absolutely clear about what I'm asking and why: I paid £130 for it and about a tenner in postage and I had it set up by [b]Graham Wheeler[/b] when I got it which cost me £30, so all in all, it cost me about £170. So I'm looking for about [b]£140[/b] for it [b]plus the shipping[/b].

[attachment=8986:P_bass_case_edit.jpg]

Anyone based nearby is welcome to come and give it a whirl and have a cuppa & a chat too see if they like it before they buy. I don't have any sounclips but I do have other pictures if you're interested and would like to see more - just PM me for details. Hope that all makes sense and thanks for looking.

Cheers

Nik

(P.S. sorry if the photos are too big..)

Edited by silverfoxnik