Why become a member? ×

Squier v Fender

aceuggy

[quote name='neepheid' post='207121' date='May 27 2008, 11:22 AM']I'm thinking about going for something hideous like Surf Green - so bad it's good.[/quote]

Hey! There's nowt wrong with surf green......This is my Strat :)

hey, dont worry about the squire bass its decent. i HAVE the same model accept its the artic white. It powns! anways im doing small gigs on a 25 wat amp... dont be complaining. its from the same line its a rumbe too. they are decent but cant hrdlyhandle a base tone. my idea of a good sounding base amp is the 100w ampeg they are selling in USA for 350$

[quote name='thewalruswaspaul' post='205954' date='May 25 2008, 01:28 PM']Never a wiser word spoken on this forum , once you start thinking about other basses you will find you're never content with what you have , plus you will find you spend more time on the forums than actually playing[/quote]

+1

first thing i'd do is change the pickguard to black or tort (just makes it look a better bass) but either a gotoh or BADASS bridge on and some seymour duncan or EMG pickups in it. that'll make it an all round better bass than the mexican IMO, for maybe a hundred pounds, which if you sell your bass you'll get about £150, a new mexican is about £300. saves money and gives you a better bass. this is all my personal opinion, though.