Why become a member? ×

FS: 1979 Music Man Sabre Bass (Weighs Only 4 KG! ) $2290 USD. ..SOLD.

jazzyitalian

I acquired this last month from someone in an exchange for one of our Buscanti custom [color=#525252][b]basses[/b][/color] As many of you know, I build basses on the side. What many of you don't know is that I'll never turn down a trade-in if it's a vintage bass or guitar. I acquired this [color=#525252][b]Sabre[/b][/color] with the intention of adding it to my [color=#525252][b]Sabre[/b][/color] guitar and [color=#525252][b]bass[/b][/color] guitar collection.
But our little Dachshund Tovah recently went under the knife for a serious life saving operation, and now I must pay for a very expensive Vet bill.
This is a 1979 Music Man [color=#525252][b]Sabre[/b][/color] [color=#525252][b]Bass[/b][/color]. It's unique in that the neck is 1.5 inches at the nut and the total weight comes in just under 9 pounds/ 4 KG. For a short period, Music Man made a run of [color=#525252][b]Sabres[/b][/color] with that more narrow width and a lighter weight. So this an even more rare instrument in the group of [color=#525252][b]Sabres[/b][/color], and it's certainly thought of as the icing on the cake by many affictionados.
The [color=#525252][b]bass[/b][/color] is gorgeous and has the best of both worlds. It has been carefully played and well cared for over the years. The nature of it's previous home in the Northwest US, has allowed ther [color=#525252][b]bass[/b][/color] to aged beautifully. The previous owner is a recording artist that played and owned several instruments including horns, violins, drums and keys. He used this [color=#525252][b]bass [/b][/color]in some of his recordings and occasionally played it live in other events.
There is a beautiful Patina happening. The hardware is clean with no rust or corrosion. It has that really cool vintage mat finish on the tuning keys. The finish on the natural wood body is crystal clear with no clouding with some vintage checking through out the finish.
All Parts are original and in working condition. The frets are impeccable I would put a 10-15% wear on them.
There are a few nicks in the finish only as should be expected, and the poly coat has some small wearing in all the right places. What I mean by all the right places is that it's seen in spots, but not in places that disturb your play.
I just did a set up and calibration for intonation. There is ample room in the truss rod and there was no fret crowning needed! All of the electronics look great. I inspected the inside and did a light vacum. I removed the neck to inspect the date stampings.
The [color=#525252][b]bass[/b][/color] will look the mojo vintage part on stage and play even better.
The Case is also original. It's in excellent condition given it's age. No rust, no breaks. All latches work as they should and the inside red micro-fibre material is clean and looks hardly worn.
I'm attaching a link of the photos to my photobucket page. Now please take note that Photobucket is in the midst of upgrading it's site and in the process has de-activated some of the functionality including links to galleries. So, I'm attaching a photo here as well. If you can't access the gallery would like to see more, just send me your email and I'll try to get a link or more photos to you. This is a really nice bass.
[url="http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q174/jazzyitalian/1979%20Natural%20Music%20Man%20Sabre/"]http://s136.photobuc...%20Man%20Sabre/[/url]

My asking price of $2,290 includes the case, and international shipping! That's right. I'll cover the shipping. Please be sure to check your currency conversion charts to find out the price in pounds.
Finally, in addition to the original black pickguard that dones this [color=#525252][b]bass[/b][/color], I will throw in a White Pearloid Pickguard. This was custom made by none other than John Polk himself at Terrapin Guitars. John has a [color=#525252][b]Sabre[/b][/color] [color=#525252][b]Bass[/b][/color] Pickguard template that is dead on perfect to the original. So you'll get the extra coolio white pearl pickguard in addition to the original black guard!
Please no trade offers. I have everything I need, and what I do need is to pay the Vet bill.
Interested persons can email me at: [email protected]. I'm in the USA.
Thanks!

Edited by jazzyitalian

• 2 months later...