Why become a member? ×

Should I buy this second hand cabinet?

Thepacifist1733

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]It's an Ampeg SVT 810 cab and it's pretty beat up but it's going for a good price.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]The RRP: £999[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]his price: £500[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,](pounds, GBP, remember)[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]So that's not a bad deal, I get to try it out before I buy it and he says the wounds to it are only surface.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Should I ask for it cheaper? Anyone got any advice? Appearances aren't that big of a deal to me, I can always patch up the fabric with tape I guess.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I can add more pictures if you need them but the front and the back seem fine.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Does anyone have any idea how I could check for speaker damage?[/font][/color]

An easy way to check if all the speakers are wired and working is to plug a speaker cable in and stick a 9V battery on the other end. All of the speakers should move out the same way. Otherwise just play through it then get someone else to and listen whilst they do to every speaker to check for damage. Seems a lot though, I'm sure Ampegs carry their value well but you see 8x10" going for a hug these days with all this lightweight gear nonsense that's fashionable with the lefty hippies and commies. ;)