Why become a member? ×

FS: Jolana Diamant - Les Paul style, 80s shortscale Bass SOLD

silverfoxnik

Item now SOLD - thanks for looking!

Hi Folks

I have this very cool looking [b]'Jolana Diamant Bas[/b]' for sale and am looking for [b]£125[/b] o.n.o plus p&p.

Here are some pics which are a bit blurred.. I'll try and do some better ones tomorrow!

[attachment=127338:IMG03733-20121118-1405.jpg] [attachment=127339:IMG03734-20121118-1405.jpg]
[attachment=127340:IMG03735-20121118-1405.jpg] [attachment=127341:IMG03736-20121118-1405.jpg]

I bought it a year ago from dangerboy in order to indulge my 'Carol Kaye short-scale, flat-wound 60s bass' fantasy, but to be honest, it hasn't quite worked out as I'd planned as I'm using my BC Rich Eagle more and more these days!

Anyway, when i got it, I had it strung with some La Bella short scale flats and got my local luthier (Graham Wheeler) to set it up properly. As can be seen in the photos, the red string wrapping extends over the nut into the first fret area, but it doesn't affect anything and has never bothered me when using it..

So it plays pretty nicely and everything works fine. The sound is good actually; neck pick up is very deep and warm - perfect for that Motown vibe - and the bridge pick up adds a little more edge to the sound. A combination of the two is quite 'Ricky' sounding surprisingly.. The output is very high by the way - it's as loud as the output from the Di Marzios on my BC Rich, and that's saying something!

You can see dangerboy's original for sale thread here, which has a You Tube link on it:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/160728-jolana-diamant-les-paul-shape-80s-shortscale-from-czech/"]http://basschat.co.u...ale-from-czech/[/url]

Condition is quite good cosmetically and as I say, it looks very cool IMO...

There's no case but I can ship it in a gig bag and will ensure it is very well packaged up! Alternatively, if you're near enough, please come and give it a try for yourself!

Any questions, please ask away here or PM me.

Thanks for looking,

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik