Why become a member? ×

vt1-std overdrive

bigjohn

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have received mine in the past few days. My rig is in storage at the mo as I am on paternity leave, however just for a bit of fun I put my guitar through it with a little practice amp and it sounded great. In its own right it would make a great little boost and added drive for guitar solo's. Can't wait to use it for what it's designed for.

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='277473' date='Sep 4 2008, 11:57 PM']I have received mine in the past few days. My rig is in storage at the mo as I am on paternity leave, however just for a bit of fun I put my guitar through it with a little practice amp and it sounded great. In its own right it would make a great little boost and added drive for guitar solo's. Can't wait to use it for what it's designed for.[/quote]

The VT1's were designed for guitar to start with as I am a guitarist not a bass player. But, I was asked by a member or two on this forum if I would do a bass version and after a few mods and design changes the VT1 and VT2 Bass versions where born. I now sell 75% of my pedals to bass players!

I find that the bass versions of my pedals work well for guitar but the same is not true of the reverse, it's okay but not as good.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Not gigged with pedal yet but I have got my rig out of storage and played about with the pedal. To my delight I have found that wonderful "Moving Pictures" tone. The pedal is very warm but also very subtle and natural. To be honest I may use this like my compressor and have it on all the time, Great stuff and great value because as I mentioned above I get a nice little drive to put through my guitar. I can imagine this would be wonderful with a Telecastor and a Fender twin reverb.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='agoulding' post='324984' date='Nov 8 2008, 08:40 PM']is there any soundclips for the vt1-std?[/quote]

There are a few been posted on this forum in the past plus on our websites - www.davehallamps.co.uk and www.davehallampsusa.com - Worth looking at the VT2 soundclips when it's in channel 1 only mode as it's the same thing.

Dave