Why become a member? ×

New Scratchplate

TurkeyDinosaur

Hi everyone,
How's things?

Basically, I'm wanting to add a pickguard to my Rally bass which doesn't already have one on. I'm either wanting to know what I can buy and then modify slightly to fit, or whether I would have to get a completely custom one made. Honestly, I'm not bothered whether it is a P-Bass style pickguard, a Stingray style one etc. but all I know is that I'd love to add a mirror to the front. Think, Phil Lynott. ;) Unfortunately, my budget does not stretch to buying a completely new bass, so that is out of the question. I'd really appreciate any pointers or tips you can give me.

Thanks in advance!

[attachment=127001:photo(5).JPG]

Hello,
welcome to the forum!

i have a feeling that an off the shelf scratchplate would be pretty difficult for that bass as the pickup combination isn't that common and it appears to be left handed.

Luckily you have joined the correct forum as we have The Bass Doc on call, who is an expert at custom scratchplates, break out the ceral box and some scissors and work out what shape you want, make a template then send him a message, if you happen to be in the north east of england then you can deal in person but if not then you just send him the template in the post and he'll make a scratchplate and post it back. His work is totally top notch and his prices are very reasonable, i've had one madefor a cheap bass and i've seen them fitted to basses with price tags in excess of £1000 and they are fantastic quality.

Matt