Why become a member? ×

Otterboxes.... Finding the right RCA lead... Help

ZenBasses

Okay so I recently got a new phone. A Samsung galaxy note 2 (awesome phone).

For some reason whilst out with my dog the screen shattered and we'll it was a 50 quid insurance job to get it sorted.

So I stumped up the cash for an Otterbox case. Fantastic piece of kit. Makes the phone slightly bulky but it a fair trade off for the protection it gives.

Issue... I always plug my phone into my 90s Kenwood amp via 3.5mm rca lead so I can play deezer to my hearts content..... It doesn't fit through the gap at the top of the case. Headphones do so I thought right ill get a rca lead with a jack plug the same size as a headphone jack (they have thinner plastic protection where normal leads are bigger)

Can I find one of these.. No!

I could make one up but I am hopeless at soldering.

The other option is to buy a y splitter but ideally I want just 1 cable.

Any ideas people?

Many thanks

Hey the Otterbox has a reinforced plastic bumper case with a silicon outer shell. So should be able to make it bigger. Liking the soldering iron option.

Yes I can take it out but it's a bind with 10 clips to undo plus it has a built in screen protector that needs cleaning every time you do it.

Typically everything I seem to buy has a design flaw.. Well to me any who.. Lol..

Edited by ZenBasses

[url="http://www.rapidonline.com/Cables-Connectors/3-5mm-Stereo-Plug-to-3-5mm-Stereo-Socket-3m-35-4477/?sid=8b182f07-a54a-4709-87d3-48d2ebc1d8d6"]Rapid[/url] are quite good for this sort of thing as well, if you give them a bell they should be able to tell you the diameter of the plug barrel.