Why become a member? ×

Positive Ground? EHX Muff Overdrive

Jack

Afternoon,

I recently purchased an EHX Muff Overdrive, [url="http://www.ehx.com/products/muff-overdrive"]this one here[/url].

I have been using it on my Harley Benton 9V PSU, that essentially is designed for Boss pedals, I noticed on the [url="http://www.diago.co.uk/powerstation_compatibility.html"]Diago Compatibility Chart [/url]that my pedal has a +ve ground and as such needs an adapter. As someone with an extremely rudimentary electrical knowledge, can someone explain what this actually means for me? Do I need an adapter? Where's the damage in this system?

Thanks,
Jack

Edited by Jack

The front of the pedal shows the image of the PSU connection, showing it needs a centre negative supply, JUST LIKE a Boss pedal. So shouldn't need any adaptor.

Hmmm, although don't take my word as gospel. Even though it needs a centre negative supply, if the ground is positive, you still might need the positive ground adaptor. Wait till someone else with more knowledge answers

Further reading of the Diago site leads me to think that powering this (positive ground) pedal ON ITS OWN with a boss type PSU would be fine. The problems come if you try powering the Muff and other "negative ground" pedals off one PSU via a daisy chain arrangement.

Edited by hamfist

[quote name='Jack' timestamp='1359219567' post='1951808']
Thanks ham! Currently it is daisy-chained with two Mooer pedals but I suppose it's trivial to move it to an isolated output. If there's no noise or hum does it really matter?
[/quote]

My understanding of the info is that if you give it it's own isolated Boss-type centre-negative supply (clearly not daisy-chained to any other pedals) all should be fine.

Are you saying that you are currently running it daisy-chained with these Mooer pedals ? if so, then the DIago information might suggest that you might bust your PSU.