Why become a member? ×

Please remove

Hi there- I'm Floyd's tutor, Jeremy. I'm sorted with a Bass Chat username now, so feel free to contact me directly about this instrument on here. Here's some of the missing info that people have been asking Floyd for:

String length- 39.5" / 99.5cm
Length of back- 40" / 101.5cm
Rib deptth- 8" / 20.5cm (quite deep for it's size)

It has Evah Pirazzi weich on g, d, a, and a Bel Canto on the e at the moment, but I have a brand new set of Helicore Pizzicato that I'm willing to put on it, or a mixed selection of Thomastics- what ever fits best. I also have the Evah Pirazzi e string, but as it's an extension e, I've left it off, but there'd be no problem just winding it all on.

I've used it for classical orchestral playing as my second bass in the London orchestras, but I'm told by a local luthier/repairer that we all know and love, that it's the sort of bass that would be ideal for jazzers, being a bit more transportable etc

This is also where I get my asking price from, but am happy to consider offers.

I'm happy very for people to trial it. I'm near Dartford, and am happy to pick up people wanting to see the bass at any of the nearby train stations (Crayford, Dartford, Barnehurst, etc)

Hope all this helps a little. Cheers.

-jeremy.

• 2 weeks later...

BUMPed too all the people who'd like to take up classical dbass lesson pm jeremy or call him as he is looking for a few new students in the london/kent area!!
The tutor best I've had to date and a real pro who earns his whole living from playing the double bass! so listen and practice hard...

-F

Edited by FLoydElgar