Why become a member? ×

Live Warwick tone!

Bill

Hi! this is a recent recording of my function band! playing a Beyonce song live at a gig on christmas eve, the bass im using is a 1990 Warwick Streamer Stage I, it has been modded with Nordstrand big singles, and has a Aguilar OBP-3 pre-amp!

Have a listen and let me know what you think!

https://soundcloud.com/emartyuk/love-on-top

Bass sounds nice bud, nice playing too. Great singer and an excellent band !
As for the mix...I'm listening on a tabletop Bose jobbie and it sounds like there's a great big hole in the middle of the sound. The Bass is there but no midrange and way too much treble and my hearing is pretty much non existent where treble is concerned.
The song in general though is really good.
B)

[quote name='kennyrodg' timestamp='1358015520' post='1931934']
Bass sounds nice bud, nice playing too. Great singer and an excellent band !
As for the mix...I'm listening on a tabletop Bose jobbie and it sounds like there's a great big hole in the middle of the sound. The Bass is there but no midrange and way too much treble and my hearing is pretty much non existent where treble is concerned.
The song in general though is really good.
B)
[/quote]

Thanks everyone, and yeah man, this was a quick rough mix by the guitarist (who has the pro tools rig) so there will be a final version coming out onto a live demo cd, and i'll try and link that up with the rest of the set when its finished! cheers!