Why become a member? ×

wind & earth bass songs

gypsymoth

as different as fire and ...... water.
from my old solo bass cd's

"When Dreamland Burned"
"St. Barts Blues"

tracks 5 & 6 on the link below, burning and soothing lyrics posted on the blog.

edit - replaced with "High Speed Drifter" which has a bit of a solo, and "What a Waste" which is a lovely 8 string piece.

OK, it's a bit of a stretch, "wind in the face" and "salt of the earth", but what the heck.

Edited by gypsymoth

[quote name='gypsymoth' post='200092' date='May 16 2008, 06:35 AM']as different as fire and ...... water.
from my old solo bass cd's

"When Dreamland Burned"
"St. Barts Blues"

tracks 5 & 6 on the link below, burning and soothing lyrics posted on the blog.[/quote]

Thanks, listening to the fire one atm, I know it wasn't specifically for this pic but I think it fits the image quite well. Could you post the entry in the comp thread? It'd be tricky to keep track of a bunch of individual threads.

Found time to have a good listen to all the tracks on your page. There is an atmosphere that runs through your work, a poignancy I can't adequately describe. There's both sadness and hope. Technically it's not perfect, but neither is the stuff I've done. Besides which, if the listener is focusing on the technical they aren't really getting what you and your music are about.

I have to say I like it because of the uncompromising rawness - you get straight to the point of the music without any over polished veneer clouding the view. It's honest.

I hope that makes sense! :)

when I recorded the first cd it was with the intention of using it as a guide/learning tool for the next band that hopefully wouldn't fall apart before anything got done - so the vocals were on one side only, and really quiet, as I didn't want to sing - they were there for someone else to learn..both of those cd's were done in one shot single pre-dawn sessions. I now have the luxury of redoing tracks, but yeah, I'll use a track that has the feel I want, regardless of any other issues.

there's been a gradual acceptance of the "singer" (and the other roles) - and effort to improve in that regard. don't spend much time with my basses though.

thanks for listening, and the kind words.