Why become a member? ×

SOLD - 2007 Fender American Jazz Black & Maple - Five Months Old!

faceman

I bought this in January 2008 for my move to my first [i]proper[/i' bass and I have very much enjoyed it. It's had no gigging - just practicing and a few studio sessions but I've always lusted after a Rickenbacker 4003 or a good old Fender P-Bass and feel that it's time to get something that'll work better for me. It's going to be sad saying goodbye but I feel a Ric or P will provide more thump for the sort of thing I want to do (British Invasion, Modern Indie stuff and 70s rock)

It's pretty standard - two very mighty pickups and beautiful slim maple neck. Has a £30.00 pair of D'Addario Chromes on and plays like a beauty - was set up professionally for £25.00. Was bought for £800+ from a local guitar shop in North East of England. Original tags will be included.

If you'd like to make an offer (instead of trade), please feel free and make it realistic! As I said, I'd love a Rickenbacker (age doesn't matter, must be genuine) or a P-Bass (American? Classic of some sorts?). If you have any questions, please feel free to email me. Can be picked up from Durham, DH1 or posted in some form. Pictures galore....

[attachment=8712:Payne_20...22_51_20.jpg][attachment=8713:Payne_20...22_51_26.jpg][attachment=8714:P
ayne_20...22_51_34.jpg][attachment=8715:Payne_20...22_51_38.jpg][attachment=8716:Payne_20...22_52_31
jpg][attachment=8717:Payne_20...22_52_37.jpg][attachment=8718:Payne_20...22_52_42.jpg]

Edited by sebpayne

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='metaltime' post='200672' date='May 16 2008, 07:46 PM']very nice this is my ideal jazz almost if i wasnt left handed i would be after it.

my parents live in wolsingham which is only a half hour from durham. small world

good luck with sale[/quote]

It was a lovely bass but I have fallen in love with my new swap so it's longer available people! I've got a 2003 American Precision from a local fellow. Precision + Flats is the best bass sound I have ever heard and played with, much nicer than anything I got from Jazz.

Thanks for all the PMs and interest I have received.

Seb