Why become a member? ×

Help Wiring New Rack

casper25

Hello there,

I'm very new to rack-mounting gear & these forums so I hope this is in the correct place. I need some advice regarding how I should wire up my rig and with what cables (yes, apparently I am THAT bad).
I have previously just played with my LMIII into a Peavey 4x10 and have been very content, however, this other gear has fallen at my feet and I would be silly not to give it a whirl at the price it's being offered to me at. The chap has said I can take it away before I buy and see what I think so I would like some ideas.

I would like to wire up the following:

Sansamp RBI, DBX 160A, Little Mark III, and a Korg rack tuner. I also have a Samson PB available to me.

I would like to first try wiring this so the I am bypassing the LMIII preamp, using the RBI as a pre, with the DBX in the fx loop (I'm unsure if this goes in the LM or DBI fx loop). I'm also unsure where a sound guy will DI me from RBI or LM? unsure of which cables etcetc. tuner goes first just like my boss tu but in rack form and I plug in through that?

I have read the Korgs suck tone, is this true in anyones experience? could I use an A/B switch to get rid of that?,

Could I use the RBI in my LMIII FX loop as an alternative, sort of using it as an effect with an external pedal for on/off?

Once I have the gear (a week or so from now) on loan I will report back my findings!! Thanks in advance for any advice!

• 3 weeks later...