Why become a member? ×

Line 6 lowdown studio 110 and alternatives..

samej

Hi,

I'm looking for a small portable combo, loud enough to rehearse with a drummer but small enough to carry around very easily (I don't have a car). The line6 studio 110 seems to fit the bill at 10kg, but has anyone used it against a drummer? Are there any alternatives at a similar size / weight / price (i.e. less than £170, preferably much less), ideally with headphone/cd input/maybe DI?

Also can anyone reccommend me anywhere in Bristol (preferably central) to try and buy amps?

Thanks in advance

I have not used mine with a kit drummer but it was fine with congas and timbales at rehearsal level and had room to go louder. Beware of the headphone socket. My headphones sound terrible in the headphone socket. It's a known, common fault but it seems I have to go to their depot somewhere on the Southern stretches of the M1 to get it fixed :)

[quote name='samej' post='199533' date='May 15 2008, 01:09 PM']Also can anyone reccommend me anywhere in Bristol (preferably central) to try and buy amps?

Thanks in advance[/quote]

Sound Control On Rupert Street (there might be some deals on offer as they're going out of business....)
Rickaxxe, just up from House of Fraser
Mickleburghs on Stokes Croft

All within 5 min walk of each other.