Why become a member? ×

cheap ampeg rig on evilbay

i've stuck my ampeg rig on ebay!

I bought it a little while back to record my bands ep with as my old ashdown had a problem with the Di out.

Since I have got my hands on a custom marshall pre valve rig and I love it to bits the the ampeg has become redundant and its a real waste for it just to sit in my garage gathering dust ( and i could realy do with the readies at the moment!!!)

I don't know if it's just me, but i was lured towards the ampeg after all the exposure they have 90% of bands on telly are using them! but I just couldn't get on with mine, I don't know if its the 'classic ampeg tone' but it just didn't suit my style/sound i want (i miss the wooley sound of my old ashdown), Oh and it weighs a tone, But dont let that put you off, each to their own

anyway follow the link and have a look

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200222933154&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=010"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:IT&ih=010[/url]

many thanks!

[quote name='glitterskinjim' post='199520' date='May 15 2008, 12:58 PM']do you really need two kidneys?

have you ever considered selling one?

:)[/quote]

Lol, to be honest it's overkill. I have a 120 watt hartke and a 100 watt ashdown at the moment, and I play in my babies room when he's not in it!! I haven't got time for a band anymore.....

[quote name='glitterskinjim' post='199490' date='May 15 2008, 12:34 PM']Oh and it weighs a tone, But dont let that put you off, each to their own[/quote]

Is the SVT-350 still heavy even though it’s solid-state? I’ve got the SVT-CL all valve head and it weighs about as much as my girlfriend! (she’s not a heifer :))

I bloody love it though so I'm more than happy to put up with the occasional hernia.