Why become a member? ×

A Visit to Jon Shuker - GAS Attack - What's my equity? (Roscoe)

ZenBasses

Its been a while since I've posted online, its good to have rediscovered an old friend. So old in fact that I couldn't remember my password and my previous account was linked to a now defunct email address. Anywho..Its good to be back.

After visiting Jon today at his workshop (He's kindly mending my GB), I am eager to have another one of his splendid basses.....

He built me a 5 String a good few years ago.. Bolt-On Elite..

<--- its on the website :oD

I must say its one of the finest basses I have ever laid my hands (or eyes) on......

Question is affording sucha instrument again, Though this time I am thinking more along the lines of

I have a lovely Roscoe SKB 3004 (yes a rare 4 String version)

I have had it for a number of years and I was just wondering what these basses go for these days. A quick search on the classified here doesn't really get me much further on. There isn't one for sale that I can find....Any ideas peeps

Please feel free to shout at me if I have posted this in the wrong section..

That's a bit of a twist of faith don't you think

It was defo an Ebay purchase and I remember it being a bit of a bargain... I picked it up from a Wedding Reception you were playing at.

PM me with the details.

It's not that I dislike the Roscoe, actually its been my workhorse for the past 18 months...

But you know how things are when you see shiny and things staring back at you

It's been through at least three pairs of hands since I sold it (assuming it's definitely my one).

I bought from someone here on BC and sold it to another BC person.

He then traded it on to another BC'er and that's where I lose track of it.

Does it have Nordstrand or Bartolini pickups?

It Barts when I bought it but it came with a set of Nordy's. I fitted them but when I sold it I included the original Barts with it. Pretty sure the next seller also kept both sets of pickups with it.

When I bought it, it did have a set of Nordie's with it, I actually got a offered a really good price for them, so I let them go. I placed them in the bass and tried it and tbh, I prefered the sound of the Bart's it came with. More of a dirty sound when pushed hard which at the time was what I was after.

The Drop-D was fitted when I bought it, can't say that I use it much but the E-String doesn't go out of tune, which is what I have found with other Drop-D Leavers.

What goes around certainly comes around.

Someday I hope my old Shuker comes up for sale again. I regret selling that bass. Infact the proceeds from that sale went into the Roscoe.

5 strings for me was too much..!! lol