Why become a member? ×

bass solo over WAVE - (bossa)

yamahabass

Hey Bilbo
Haha Thx for the advice , the heads are in the pipeline.
Just posting up videos of my progress soloing over standards and to exchange soloing ideas with other bassist s who are working on their soloing approach. Im by no means trying or wanting to be a pro bassist... just having fun playing
I respect you guys that are pro, and the attitude you need to attain to be a pro . My intention is to keep things light hearted and just play the bass and have fun doing it :)
Thx again Bilbo for your advice and kind words.
Joe

I am not a pro, Joe. I can see what you are trying to do and you have nothing to worry about in terms of being judged as a player. It is just that for people to hear what you are doing, they need a context. If the harmony instrument is clear, it is possible to hear the musicality in your ideas but, because the audio on your videos is low grade, it is difficult if not impossible to get a handle on what it is you are doing. Record it again with the head and you will get a better response. I suspect the people who have listened but not commented are a little at sea with where you are coming from.

Right!
If you watch my bsssblogger vid I touch on this subject and how Chet baker played off the melody , which gave him that coolong jazz sound.
I haven't been playing the melody in these videos because they are not performances, just exercising soloing ideas.
I have actually a wholet project involving the bass guitar playing headisband I'm working on a nice repertoire for a few gigs.
So again guys pleasee don't judge these as fully finished performances, it's just soloing vids I share for the like minded bassist that wants to learn iron exchange ideas.
Thx for listening :)