Why become a member? ×

FS Overwater Perception 5 **PRICEDROP** £1550 WITH VIDEO

golltoppr

2011 Overwater Perception 5 string for sale.

Medium weight ash body
Walnut top (w/matching headstock - small ding)
Maple neck - 33' scale length
Ebony fingerboard

The sound is very even and articulate. With both pickups on it sounds a bit ken smith-y. The front pickup does a very convincing p bass sound and the bridge has all the snap and mid drive you could ever want.

Please message if you would like to know more about the bass or would like some more pictures.

If you had an identical instrument made it would cost you £2700.

Thanks!
[attachment=125492:IMG_0286.JPG]
[attachment=125493:IMG_0291.JPG][attachment=125494:IMG_0292.JPG][attachment=125495:IMG_0293.JPG][attachment=125496:IMG_0294.JPG][attachment=125498:overwater..jpg][attachment=125499:Headstock.jpg][attachment=125500:overwater.jpg]

Edited by golltoppr

Yeah, totally with you there. I went for an ebony fingerboard on maple too on my old (stolen) koa/mahogany Progress III. I had a small collection of Warwicks at the time (a Dolphin Pro 1 with an all wenge neck) and the neck tone is very different compared to wenge necks. You can even feel the difference in the resonance through your thumb when you are gripping the neck.

Another beautiful specimen from Chris and Lawrence at Overwater. You can really hear the quick attack and response on the vid. Lovely!

Unfortunately, I have a custom order due to arrive soon so I can't take you up on this instrument at this time, but good luck with the sale.

[u]Note worth mentioning to potential buyers[/u] - even though this Perception is set up for E-C tuning Lawrence @ Overwater will happily convert it to a B-G setup for a reasonable fee. Lawrence has told me in the past (as I thought about it myself) that he does this quite often for folks that buy a 2nd hand Overwater wanting to go to a B-G or E-C setup.

Hey, thanks for your interest and input!

I'm not that experienced with wenge, but its something I'm interested in trying out some more. That sucks about your overwater man, some people! Koa and mahogany is one of my favourite sounding combinations. What are the specs of your new bass?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hate to do this but I'm going to knock another £50 off the price.

This is a nuts offer, but I need to get the sale.

It really is a stunning instrument and at this pricepoint - if you decide after x months its not for you - you will be able to sell it at the same price.

If you are even remotely interested, drop me a message and I will give you information, pictures, and even a video if you would like.
Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...