Why become a member? ×

Bassist wanted for 70s/80s Classic Rock covers band (South Wales - Newport)

Davies

[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hey all,[/font][/size]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]As the title says, I'm putting together a 70s/80s Classic Rock covers band and am in need of a bass player.[/size][/font] [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]I've just left (long story) a gigging band that I'd spent the last twenty months putting together and am starting from scratch.[/size][/font]

[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I'm based in Newport and have a drummer and a singer lined up (both from Cardiff).[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]To give you some idea of the stuff I want to be playing (and also the level of my playing), this is the setlist I was gigging with:[/font][/size]

[color=#1E1E1E][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Breaking The Law – Judas Priest
Rock’n’Roll Outlaw – Rose Tattoo
Fool For Your Loving – Whitesnake
I Love Rock’n’Roll – Joan Jett
Whiskey In The Jar – Thin Lizzy
White Wedding – Billy Idol
Black Night – Deep Purple
Walking By Myself – Gary Moore
Cocaine – Eric Clapton
Doctor Doctor – UFO
I Surrender – Rainbow
School’s Out – Alice Cooper
Rock And Roll – Led Zeppelin
Tie Your Mother Down – Queen
Radar Love – Golden Earring
Sunshine Of Your Love - Cream
Living After Midnight – Judas Priest
Don’t Believe A Word – Thin Lizzy (fast version)
The Stumble – Gary Moore (Montreux 1990 version)
God Save The Queen - Pistols
Wishing Well - Free
Feel Like Making Love – Bad Company
Race With The Devil – Gun/Girlschool/Judas Priest whoever!
Paranoid – Black Sabbath
Born To Be Wild - Steppenwolf[/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#1E1E1E][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Encore:
Shinkicker – Rory Gallagher
Let There Be Rock – AC/DC[/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#1E1E1E][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Of course, once all the personnel are in place, the setlist can be altered somewhat to accommodate everyone's tastes but the theme is definitely 70s/80s Classic Rock, with a bluesier slant.[/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#1E1E1E][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]if you're interested in getting together to see what works, give us a shout on 07805 097155 or drop me an email to [email protected][/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#1E1E1E][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Cheers,[/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#1E1E1E][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Kim[/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]