Why become a member? ×

***WITHDRAWN*** ESH Jazz 5 £500

Truckstop

Hello all,

Need to buy a Precision so selling my recently acquired ESH Jazz.
Made in Germany to an extraordinarily high standard, this bass features ESH's own famed piezo bridge pup and electronics. The bass is passive and also has a phase switch installed (I think of it as a bright switch though). Controls go: neck pup volume, bridge pup volume, piezo volume and tone control. The piezo is simply incredible; sounds exactly like a double bass. Shame it's not fretless really! Plenty of output here and a really nice sweep on the controls. A nice little touch is recessed control knobs.

Not sure what brand the pickups are, theres very little information on the Internet about this one. No serial number, and no identifying marks save for the ESH logo on the headstock. I'm far too scared to take them out and have a look!

There's nothing like this in the ESH website, so I'm guessing it's either an old one (certainly has the dings and playing wear to support that hypothesis) or a custom build.

9.5lbs on the scales, 34" scale on the tape measure. Also, it's currently strung E-C, I'm sure B-G offers no problems at all. It'll come with a lovely hardcase.

I live in St. Albans. Collection preferred so you can try it out, delivery at buyers expense. Also happy to deliver myself if you're not too far away. Trades only for Fender Precision basses! Sunburst preferred, other colours considered.

Pictures in the morning, on the phone at the moment!

Cheers

Alex

Edited by Truckstop