Why become a member? ×

Pimp my Warwick

Doc B

My Streamer Std 2 is one of the German made ones so it is very well made and has the same bolt-on neck as the others in the range. I've had it for about 8 years and have no intention of ever parting with it. The feel, playability and sound are perfect for me. I love the sound and comfort of the 2 big humbuckers, in fact I prefer it to any other Warwick I've played in those respects (mainly because I prefer passive electronics). Unfortunately I prefer the looks of other Warwicks, especially the Thumb and 'normal' Streamers, the Corvette ain't bad neither.

Pimping my Jazz has got me thinking about doing something with the Warwick.

The first things I am considering are getting a Warwick chrome 2 piece 4 str bridge fitted (along with the required routings) and a set of strap locks fitted. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy the same kind as you get with the pricier Warwicks?

A more radical idea would be to get a replacement body and fit the existing neck and electronics to it - perhaps made by Mr Shuker?

Any any ideas/comments/suggestions?

[quote name='Doc B' post='194800' date='May 8 2008, 04:39 PM']The first things I am considering are getting a Warwick chrome 2 piece 4 str bridge fitted (along with the required routings) and a set of strap locks fitted. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy the same kind as you get with the pricier Warwicks?[/quote]

As regards the bridge, Thumper off of Finnbass.com did the same to his Streamer, I think Paul from Arrowhead Guitars did the work, I'll stand corrected of course.

As for a new body, if you're happy with how it sounds etc, why change it?