Why become a member? ×

early ashdown ABM head

MiltyG565

hey guys, looking for some advice or information if you don't mind. I have a 1998 ashdown ABM 400 head. It has a silver faceplate, and doesn't have one of those vinyl covered cases, it is just bare metal. anyway, i got this about 8 months ago, but i have been wondering about it. I was told it was 250 watts... I think it is 400 watts, unless it was changed down to 250 at some stage for some reason? also, i can't seem to find any info about this head online anywhere. all i know was made in 1998, and it has a silver face, rather than the slightly later blue face.

Thanks.

If you drop Ashdown an email or call them, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help answer any questions. :)

[url="http://www.ashdownmusic.com/contact/index.asp"]http://www.ashdownmu...ntact/index.asp[/url]

Edited by argm

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='buff' timestamp='1353523208' post='1875634'] Go to they're web page click on bass then scroll down to legacy, you'll find all they're previous amp's there. [/quote]

It isn't on there. closest to it in appearance is the 5th anniversary ABM 500 evo II. but it was built in 1998, isn't that about 3/4 years too early to be a 5th anniversary?

[quote name='barkin' timestamp='1353528334' post='1875724']
I think there's quite a few aren't listed there. My old MAG400 combo and an old Klystron head that I saw in a rehearsal room recently, for starters.
[/quote]

I didn't think over the past 15 years that they had only made 20ish different products.

[quote name='Ashdown Engineering' timestamp='1353532308' post='1875816']
Evenin, must have missed your emails to us on this apologies! The ABM 400 is 400 watts at 4 ohms, the confusion may have been that it will put out around 250 watts at 8 ohms...

Hope this helps!

Lee @ Ashdown
[/quote]

Thanks lee, but i was more wondering why it is different in appearance to most other ABM 400 heads, in the way that is isn't blue, but looks more like the 5th anniversary ABM500 head.

Like, did you run out of blue ones, or is their something special about this one?

Edited by MiltyG565