Why become a member? ×

Need my Deep Impact serviced

michinho

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me here...
I want to get my Akai Deep Impact SB1 serviced and I would like someone who is maybe a bit of a speacilist with rare or vintage effects to take a look.. since this pedal cost me a lot of money.
I would generally like it to be checked up, plus im having a few problems with mine. Between changing the presets there is sometimes a volume drop.. although when i bypass the pedal then switch it back on straight away the volume is restored.. not a massive problem its just bugging me and would like to get it in 100% condition because i do really love this pedal!

I would be greatful for any suggestions,

Mike

Edited by mr agent orange

I used to own a Deep Impact a number of years ago, but can't remember if the volume drop between preset changes is normal or not. Just to clarify - do you mean that the volume drops momentarily during the present change, and comes back to normal? Or that it the volume changes to a lower level and stays that way?

Many repair people could be wary of working in a Deep Impact, as AFAIK there's no real tech info available for it, and beyond fixing cold soldering joints, mechanical problems, or possibly damaged bypassing FETs, there's not much that can be done.