Why become a member? ×

eden wt405

nugget

Hi guys
Need some help here, I recently got a second hand eden wt405 and adore the tone but recently its started playing up.
When its first turned on it occasionally only make a very very quiet distorted sound when dials are all at gig settings. The clip light still blinks if I slap the strings and the tuner out still drives the tuner.
It eventually clears after 5-10 mins after fiddling with it.
Its not the cab as I've tried it with a spare and pretty sure its not the bass as the tuner and clip light still work.
I guess its a problem with the power amp section?
Its very intermittent and that's gonna make it tricky to replicate.
Any ideas??
Ta
Dave

You can easily verify what exactly is the problem by plugging the bass into the Power Amp input. You can also plug the bass into the Effect Return input. Or plug the Preamp Out -> Jack-Jack cable -> to another power amp.
It can be caused by many issues; dirty Effect Return jack, or problems with power amp bias. Make the tests and report what you got.

Mark

Hi Mark

Thanks for that, i'll try pluggin bass into those places next time I get it to play up and I've got my swr on standby to try the preamp out.
How do you clean the jacks? is it just sprayed with contact cleaner of do I need to actually clean em out??

Ta
Dave

[quote name='nugget' timestamp='1351192036' post='1848569']
....How do you clean the jacks?....
[/quote]

You get some very fine sandpaper, wrap a small piece around the shaft of a Phillips screwdriver and gently sand around the inside of the jack socket.

Make sure that anything you sand off drops out of the amp and doesn't go inside.

These are great amps. I'd take it to a tech for a full service.