Why become a member? ×

An awesome bass big muff mod

Mattbass97

Just Received my bass big muff from max at [sfx] for a custom mod to boost the mids via a stock/mod switch and by god did he make this sound killer!! It's honestly made it sound twice as good it sounds huge! just thought I should share it. And I'm the only one I've ever heard of that has such a mod!!

All the best

[quote name='Mattbass97' timestamp='1351005527' post='1846100']
Just Received my bass big muff from max at [sfx] for a custom mod to boost the mids via a stock/mod switch and by god did he make this sound killer!! It's honestly made it sound twice as good it sounds huge! just thought I should share it. And I'm the only one I've ever heard of that has such a mod!!

All the best
[/quote]

Any sound clips?

D'you know what he actually did to mod it?

xx

[quote name='Stroopy121' timestamp='1351062056' post='1846678']
Any sound clips?

xx
[/quote]

hi no sound clips yet maybe might do some and i opened it up and he added a new capacitor i think and attached the toggle to a certain resistor i think. Not too sure but he had to come up with all the values etc himself.

[quote name='Stroopy121' timestamp='1351062056' post='1846678']
Any sound clips?

xx
[/quote]

Download the "Tone Stack Calculator" from Duncan amps - you can change the values of the components and it'll show you the freq. response graphically

Ahhh ok, thanks!

I'm from an electrical/electronic engineering backgroud and am starting to dabble with pedal design.. while I have a solid understanding of what adding capacitors et al do from a circuit analysis POV, I have no idea what audible effects they have!

If you could get the cap. and res. values / schematic that'd be much appreciated, otherwise I'll just start playing around :)

Cheers!

xx

[quote name='Stroopy121' timestamp='1351170377' post='1848189']
Ahhh ok, thanks!

I'm from an electrical/electronic engineering backgroud and am starting to dabble with pedal design.. while I have a solid understanding of what adding capacitors et al do from a circuit analysis POV, I have no idea what audible effects they have!

If you could get the cap. and res. values / schematic that'd be much appreciated, otherwise I'll just start playing around :)

Cheers!

xx
[/quote]

sorry im not able to do that unfortunately, i might stick up some clips for you guys though!!

[quote name='Stroopy121' timestamp='1351170377' post='1848189']
Ahhh ok, thanks!

Cheers!

xx
[/quote]

I've got an excel file I can send you with a couple of things I've tried before - flat EQ and a few mid boosts at different frequencies. PM me your email address if you're interested